waiting for my family to come and get me!

waiting for my family to come and get me!
There's no place like home!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

LOA today- YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After stalking my email for the past month, today, on day 67 since our paperwork has been in China, we received the notice that we have been approved by China to adopt Garrett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a relief to be moving ahead with sending in his US immigration paperwork, and getting closer (by babysteps) to bringing him home!!! oh happy day! we can really get excited now!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Great, I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for the good wishes! You adopted from Nepal it seems? I spent some months volunteering at the Bal Mandir Orphanage in Naxal- Kathmandu in 1996---- Nepal is always very near to my heart!! I look forward to bringing Alma again and Garrett someday.

      Delete
  2. Yes we had the chance to adopt twice in Nepal. In 2005 and 2010. I also love Nepal and was times there for travel. Must be interesting to work in Bal Mandir. I imagine you have nice memories.
    Our first referal, a boy with cleft palate, was in Bal Mandir. But he died before we could bring hime home. He was only 4 month old.
    Thats also a reason why it makes me so happy for Garrett. He is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, being at Bal Mandir was a life changing experience- I still think of those children very often. I am so sad to hear about that child who did not live long enough to have a chance. In a few dark moments in my mind over the past year, I have feared the same for Garrett- but am so thankful that he is such a strong boy, and appears to be doing so well. He is most certainly a survivor. Give my namastes to your children and enjoy these photos of my daughter at Bal Mandir in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, thanks a lot for the nice photos of Bal Mandir. It is great to see this.
    Yes Garrett looks strong, and he is much older. Our boy was a small baby and had chest problems. I am so happy for Garrett and I pray for you that you can bring him home very soon. How old is your daughter?

    ReplyDelete