waiting for my family to come and get me!

waiting for my family to come and get me!
There's no place like home!

Monday, June 4, 2012

we're home!

 I think I am too jetlagged to give sufficient account of our trip- but while I have a free moment (the kids are sleeping) I wanted to give you a little update since we are now home, safe and sound and sleepy!  Our trip went smoothly, we had a great guide in Nanchang, and another in Guangzhou who both had a great sense of humour and made our time more enjoyable, as well as helping us through with the whole process.

Alma was a humongous help and is a terrific big sister! I am so grateful she was able to join in on the trip.  We did a little bit of sightseeing, and spent a lot of time hunting around for something we all wanted to eat, and played a lot with the fun stuff we brought along- yes the overweight luggage charge was worth it! Our hotels were both great, but it certainly is good to be home to sleep in our own beds and cook in our kitchen.
 Garrett is in great shape- overall a pretty happy camper and healthy- with a few heavy duty temper tantrums thrown in now and again just for kicks!  Actually, we all are adjusting to our new life together and having fun getting to know our little guy.  He loves making funny faces and getting a laugh out of us!  He is NOT thrilled about our cat or the dog yet- he is pretty terrified, but it seems to be getting a little less scary each day.  All in all, the transition is moving along better than I could have imagined and I am thrilled to finally have my son home!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I checked your blog every day and was really thinking on you. Great to hear the process went smooth. Thank you very much for the pictures. Your kids are beautiful. Wish you a good time with adjusting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! I have been anxiously waiting for an update! He looks great. Anna saw the header picture, I guess for the first time last week, and she started pulling on her shirt and pointing. I think she remembered Garrett and wearing that shirt. It was adorable. I wish we could get them together sometime, we're just so far away. Take time to get over your jet lag, but I'd love to read more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete