waiting for my family to come and get me!

waiting for my family to come and get me!
There's no place like home!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

2 years home!

So, the past 2 years together have flown by!  Garrett recently celebrated his 5th birthday and is growing so much! I have debated about starting kindergarten in the fall, but have decided to wait another year.  He just had a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy to prepare his throat for an upcoming surgery to help improve his speech (a pharyngeal flap procedure that will help his palate close in order to create the sounds of pressure consonants).  I want him to have the best possible start to school, and having the ability to speak more clearly to his teachers and classmates will go a long way I am sure. It makes me happy though that for the most part, even strangers are able to understand a good majority of his speech.  He has enjoyed swim lessons this year and playing with his good buddy Max at Grannie's house while I am at work.  He and Alma are constant playmates (as well as kicking each other under the kitchen table mates) just as siblings should be!  He is such a healthy guy too- only one minor ear infection since he has been home with us.  We have been having quite a busy summer already, and looking forward to our annual camp out next month before time for Alma to start middle school already!  Happy summer to you all!











No comments:

Post a Comment