waiting for my family to come and get me!

waiting for my family to come and get me!
There's no place like home!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fundraising Update

I am pleased to announce that we have raised to date $13,202! Thank you to you all!

I thought that I was only about $2,000- $3,000 away from having just enough to go to China alone to complete the paperwork, and pick up Garrett- but after updating the expense sheet tonight- I still have to raise $8,534. I am so hoping to be able to have the support of family with me (Mom and daughter) during this trip, but that adds on another $7008 to raise. I am keeping my hopes up that one of the many grants I applied to will accept my application, let's wait and see. At this time, I am working on another fundraiser- this time a raffle, as well as a silent auction.
Stay tuned for photos of the silent auction items coming up soon! And as soon as I have the raffle organized- I will let you all know the details.

Here is an updated report of itemized expenses:

PAID $2,000- placing adoption agency fee (Bay Area Adoption Services)
PAID $500- initial China waiting child program coordinator fee
PAID $2,400-home study (Across the World Adoptions)
PAID $78- fingerprinting at local police dept.
PAID $1112- notary fees, certified documents, fundraiser printing costs, fundraiser venue rental, postage, Hague education requirement classes, medical clearance, passport renewal
PAID $805- USCIS
PAID $78- Sheriff’s letter of good conduct
Total Paid: $6922

Left to pay:
$2,300-balance of China waiting child program fee
$790- certification of documents by State Dept. and authentication by Chinese Consulate
$2100- post-placement fee
$710- fee to China Center of Adoption Affairs at time of dossier submission
$6,500- government fees in China
$12,064- family travel expenses for necessary 2 week stay in China
Estimated Grand Total of Expenses: $31,386
Total left to pay: $24,464
Current savings balance: $8922
Total left to raise: $15,542 [for family (me, Alma, Mom) to pick up Garrett]
OR $8534 to go alone to pick up Garrett

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your family to be progressing so well with the fundraising!!

    I added your blog address to my blog's sidebar. I have a section dedicated to families who are fundraising!

    Best of Luck!
    Sharee
    www.earlandsharee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction: I mistakenly added into the pot tax return money. The true amount raised to date (11/15/11) is $12,322- still super fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete